Iowa Great Lakes Lutheran School is accredited by the National Lutheran School Accreditation (NLSA). In order to become accredited in good standing with NLSA, a school must comply fully with the 30 required indicators of success.
NLSA Standards for Accredited Schools:
- The school is purpose-driven.
- The school is governed and administered effectively following written policy
- A qualified and competent staff serves the school.
- The school’s curriculum, instructional design and assessment practices guide and ensure teacher effectiveness and student learning.
- Student services and activities are offered to meet the needs and foster the growth of each student in a safe and healthy environment.
- Buildings, grounds and equipment provide a safe and healthy environment that serves to enhance student learning.